I’ve been really good this year and I’ve worked very hard to try to help my FACS Friends save the profession we love. I think that we could make 2014 our best year ever if you’d just fill my FACS Holiday Wish List. You’re going to need a lot of help from my FACS Friends to get the job done, but I know you can convince them to help since we’ll all benefit from the effort. So here goes! For Christmas this year I want:
- FACS teachers in every classroom who are passionate about the importance of FACS.
- FACS classrooms that are equipped with the latest technology and teachers who effectively utilize that technology in their instruction.
- FACS instruction that includes reading fiction and applying writing skills in basic FACS lessons.
- FACS instruction that includes math and science concepts.
- FACS professionals who network with their colleagues through association with professional organizations and participation in conferences.
- FACS educators who effectively use social media to enhance the image of FACS and to stay connected with other FACS professionals and their communities.
- FACS professionals who look for every opportunity to showcase their FACS skills.
- Use their local FCCLA chapters to connect with their communities and showcase student accomplishments.
- FACS professionals who exemplify the value of FACS by making healthful diet and exercise choices.
- FACS professionals who follow the example of Ellen Swallow Richards and approach both their professional and personal from an analytical and scientific perspective. As Ellen would say, “Keep thinking!”
Thanks for considering the items on my Christmas list! Can’t wait for 2014!