- Today’s song is all about lemons so I thought I would preface the video with a few facts about lemons that you might find interesting.
- After salt and pepper, lemon is the most commonly used flavoring ingredient in the culinary arts.
- Lemon is said to be a flavor catalyst because it stimulates the taste buds so that flavors are more pronounced.
- The most common lemon variety is the Eureka lemon.
- Lemons will keep for several days at room temperature. A room temperature lemon will yield more juice than one stored in the refrigerator.
- The average lemon contains three tablespoons of juice.
What have you done today to put some fun in your FACS classes? Music makes FACS rock!